The mission of Adventist Christian School is to empower the young people in the Greeley community for excellence in holistic Christ-centered service. A holistic education focuses on mental, spiritual, physical, and social growth. This educational program is a cooperative endeavor of the school, home, and church. The primary function of Adventist Christian School is to help young people find a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. No religious affiliation is required of any student upon entering Adventist Christian School. Any boy or girl who desires a character-building education, upholds the school’s standards and requirements, and complies with the school’s regulations, will be admitted.
The primary purpose of our school is to prepare young people to:
- Obtain the knowledge and skills to succeed at the secondary level of their education.
- Think creatively and not merely reflect the thoughts of others.
- Function effectively as Christians by being committed to service in a secular world.
- Develop attitudes of love and respect toward the Bible as the inspired Word of God.
In support of this purpose our teachers and staff are committed to:
- Creating a positive, caring environment where Christian love and virtue are taught by instruction and example.
- Providing a climate for young people characterized by quality instruction, high expectations, and a respect for academic excellence.
- Integrating Bible principles and values throughout the curriculum and providing regular opportunities for Christian service.
- Respecting young people as unique individuals and challenging each child spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
- Assisting young people in accepting responsibility for their own learning and actions.
- Promoting a stimulating environment for the development of curious, joyful, lifelong learners.
- Maintaining close contact with parents, area churches, and the community.
The Four Components of Wholistic Education
- Psalm 51:10
- Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- 1 Corinthians 2:12
- We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us.
- Proverbs 4:1-2, 5-7
- Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching…Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them. Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
- Proverbs 3:5
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.
- John 13:34-35
- A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:6
- Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
- 3 John 1:2
- Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all my go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.